at Alamo Hardware
- This event has passed.
Kids Camps at The Kitchen – Camp 1
June 19 - June 21 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm$225
CAMP 1: COOKING AROUND THE WORLD
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday – June 19, 20, and 21
10 AM -12:30 PM Each Day
Note: This is a 3-Day, Hands-On Camp for ages 8 – 17.
Yvette & Maria will be teaching kids how to dice, slice, fry, saute, roast and bake at these cooking classes designed just for them. They’re sure to get the skills they need to help during the dinner hour or even take-over!
DAY 1: CRUISING AROUND GREECE
• Homemade Pita Chips
• Greek Salad
• Chicken Souvlaki
• Baklava Bites
DAY 2: PASSPORT TO CHINA
• Spicy Chicken and Scallion Dumplings
• Pork Fried Rice
• Sesame Carrots and Green Beans
• Mango Ice Cream
DAY 3: VIVA MEXICO
• Pico de Gallo
• Homemade Corn Tortillas
• Tacos – Chopped Competition! We will have a basket with 3-4 Ingredients (possibly chicken, mango, pumpkin seeds) and then we’ll have a few pantry items. The kids will work in teams to create their taco. Judging will take place at the end of the class.
• Strawberries dipped in Mexican Chocolate
• We will be putting together a packet with recipes for each day along with a brief food history for each country and a glossary for new foods/terms common in each of the different cuisines.
• All Junior Chefs will get an apron, a Victoronox knife, and an Epicurean cutting board.
Call (925) 837-2420 to register!