- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- powdered sugar for sprinkling on the top
- 2 cups cherries*
- Preheat oven and cast iron pan to 325 degrees.
- Remove stems and pit the cherries. The cherries can go in whole or halved, set aside.
- In blender, blend together all wet ingredients for about 20 seconds.
- Add all the dry ingredients and pulse until incorporated about 5 – 7 seconds.
- Take pan out of hot oven (make sure you use hot pads). Add butter to skillet with a pastry brush.
- Pour batter into pan and top evenly with fruit.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
* Clafoutis is a French dessert traditionally using black cherries, but other fruits can be substituted. Raspberries – whole, fresh figs – halved, or stone fruit pitted and thinly sliced work well with this recipe.